Wednesday, April 3, 2013

ASD. Las Vegas March 2013


Have you ever gone somewhere and not gone outside for 6 days? Welcome to ASD Las Vegas-3,500 vendors! I drove from Pasadena to Las Vegas with my new assistant Lisa. We spent Fri. night with my brother and sister in law Bob and Flo Bird. We had a delicious corned beef dinner and enjoyed a restful afternoon and evening. The calm before the storm! We arrived at the Sands Expo by 10 and spent Sat setting up our booth and checking into the hotel. We stayed at The Venetian which is attached to the Expo center. The suites were beautiful and very large for one person. The show ran for 4 days and we didn't leave the buildings until we checked out and headed home on Thursday. We figured it was 1mile from our room to the expo and we never saw daylight. A different world! The Expo was busy -my credit card machine gave me fits-and I came away with the realization that I don't want to be gone so long away from Pasadena and home. I met a very interesting woman from Albuquerque (Marsha Heyman) who I believe will be a good friend and client. Adios Las Vegas I won't return. I need sunlight. Thanks to Lisa who worked really hard and who will be joining Alex as a regular assistant.
Welcome, Lisa!



No comments:

Post a Comment